The Site_Specific SIDES Programme
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Site_Specific International Land Art Biennale
10 - 17 August 2013, Plettenberg Bay
Site_Specific hereby invites proposals for contemporary site specific land art works with the focus on using natural materials, aiming to create work that is ephemeral and embracing of the natural beauty of Plettenberg Bay.
20 SIDES ARTISTS
The second Site_Specific International Land Art Biennale will take place in Plettenberg Bay 10 - 17 August 2013. This year, Site_Specific will be opening the event to more artists to create their work in Plettenberg Bay alongside the core group of invited artists from Germany, South Korea and South Africa.
We realised that there are many artists that want to be part of Site_Specific, although we can only financially support a core group of invited artists. Thus we have decided to invite an additional maximum of 20 artists as a ‘fringe’ group on the basis and mutual understanding that they will work independently.
These Site_Specific SIDE artists will have the opportunity to join the invited artists in the programme schedule for the period, including lectures, discussions, workshops and social events. The SIDES work will be on display in the same area as those of the invited core group, and will be included in the Site_Specific catalogue documenting the event.
- Support in identifying a site for your art work and the permission from all the relevant authorities.
- Inclusion in the official programme and catalogue of Site_Specific 2013.
- Participation in the evening lectures, discussions, workshops and social events of Site_Specific 2013.
- Inclusion and exposure to all media that will cover the event.
- On approval of your proposal, you will receive a Site_Specific Participant Passport, that will entitle you to significantly discounted accommodation and other offers at Plettenberg Bay establishments.
- Application deadline: 2 May 2013
- Selection of artists: 2 June 2013
- Working on site in Plettenberg Bay: 10-17 August 2013
- Opening event: 17 August 2013
- Closing and dismantling of art work: 18 August 2013
- Artists will be responsible for their own transport, accommodation, meals etc.
- Artists will be responsible for their own material, tools, realisation and installation of art work.
- Artists will accept and obey all the rules and guidelines provided by Site_Specific during the week long event.
Site_Specific reserves the right to publish photographs and films showing the exhibited art works.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following information to by 2 May 2013.
- A concept drawing of your proposed art work showing it from different angles.
- Explanation: title, technique and size of the proposed art work.
- List of materials that you plan to use.
- Describe a preferred site along the Milkwood Trail in Plettenberg Bay (including Main & Robberg Beach) that you have in mind for the work. Other sites can be considered if relevant.
- Supply a time frame for installing your art work and taking it down on 18 August 2013.
- Supply your name and contact details (email address and mobile phone number).
- Proof of EFT payment, please use SIDE plus your name as payment reference i.e. SIDEnameSurname.
Please pay ZAR 250.00 into our account to help cover administrative costs.
- FNB, Account name: K2102029381
- Account no.: 62353123335
- Rosebank branch code: 250655
- Reference: SIDEyourName
- Amount: ZAR250.00
Proposals without proof of payment will not be processed.
If you wish to download this document onto your computer, 'File' > 'Save As' in your internet browser: